- Shower drains
- 91 views
Where can you put another shower room?
You probably don’t need as much space as you think you do when planning a new bathroom. Obviously, the space needed is also dictated by your plans; however, a standard shower room simply requires suitable electrical outlets, ventilation and sound insulation. Here are our top tips if you’re on the hunt for the perfect space to add a bathroom.
Cupboards/Coatrooms: Many homes have storage cupboards or coatrooms that end up being spaces to store junk. If you’re guilty of this, you could easily change this space to a new bathroom with very few adjustments.
Hallway: If you’re lucky enough to have a long hallway, you could potentially earmark part of this as a new bathroom, especially if your hallway ends with a window with no rooms on either side. This is one of the most popular locations for additional shower rooms due to the ease of installation.
Bedrooms: A large master bedroom can easily be changed into a suite with the addition of a shower room. Modern homes with an existing en-suite can also be extended for a more comfortable shower experience.
Planning is key when it comes to adding a new room to your home, and this is incredibly true for a bathroom or shower room. It’s essential to think strategically in order to keep both construction time and costs as low as possible.
Here’s what our experts have to say.
● Place new fixtures close to existing water and waste lines if possible; this is a great way to save time and money.
● Ensure that your floor can handle the weight of a new bath or shower room. Some bathroom fixtures are heavy, so it’s important that you know the capacity of your floor joists.
● Maximise the space in your room by choosing a sliding door or a door that opens inwards. This will also make the room more accessible to guests.
● Opt for products that combine convenience with innovative design, a wet room kit is a great option for those looking to create a modern shower space.
● Your space must have some form of ventilation, a window is an ideal option for a new shower room. If you can’t find space with a window, you will need a duct fan.
Ready to add a new shower room to your home? We have everything you need to create a modern shower room that’s built to last. Discover our full range of wet room kits, shower screens and more, or chat to a member of the team for help and advice.